TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

Camp Forget-Me-Not by J.K. Rock

Camp Forget-Me-Not - J.K. Rock

I would like to warn you first that the word love is extremely overused throughout this review.

This was the perfect ending for a lovely series. I love Camp Juniper Point so much I feel like one of the senior kids whose last year at camp just ended. I will miss it. Thankfully there’s still one last companion novella, which is actually #2.5 in the series, therefore it should be read before this book. Nevertheless, I have the feeling the order won’t matter since it happens within the same time frame as this story, and hints of what will happen in Camp Crush were given in this book. So it makes no difference.

I loved that Kayla’s story was set in the same year than Camp Payback, it actually picks up right when Javier left Camp so we get to see what Alex was up to while she was alone. I also loved that we got to see her and Emily a lot in this book as well. But I was most grateful to get some more Hannah and Julian! I was begging for some more since Camp Christmas, I really wanted to see how life had changed for Hannah after pairing up with Julian, and I finally got what I wanted. I loved to witness how much she’s changed! And along her, all the Divas actually. They finally grow up and leave all their differences behind. I loved to see so much of their world. We always thought of them as the mean girls, even if in Camp Boyfriend some of that prejudice was lost thanks to Lauren and Kayla, but now we get their side of their story and it was great. Such a different dynamics from the Munchies girl, I even felt they were a bit more loyal than them, funny huh?

Kayla is great. We really see her personality shine this time, and much like Lauren she has a very conciliatory personality. She is sweet, and forgiving, and once she got her own voice she was a natural leader. I would’ve loved to be friends with her in real life.

Brooke I couldn’t stand. Even if she had the whole weight of the world on her shoulders I just can’t justify her behaviour. She is worse than Hannah people! Awful girl. I had many issues with Nick as well. It was the first time I wasn’t actually rooting for the male interest, which gave me some mixed feelings. I was at first, but then he sort of lost his niceness and I felt Kayla was better off without him. He did manage to vindicate himself in the end, so everything was right in the world at last. I dare say that this couple’s relationship has been by far the most complicated one at Camp Juniper Point. Man, these kids had issues!

Once again the authors didn’t disappoint with a powerful message. Even though the whole series is about finding your own voice, trusting your gut and doing what feels right to you, in spite of what others may think. They managed to bring a different perspective to it every time. This time around was about speaking up, and even if I can’t relate to it that much, because I’m more like Alex, I still found it to be endearing and I was rooting for Kayla the whole time.

Again, this was the perfect ending for the series. It sort of felt like the authors tied everything up nicely. There was forgiveness and long lasting friendships, but most of all, much love and growth.

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/11/camp-forget-me-not-by-jk-rock.html