TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

Brush Strokes by Janelle Stalder

Brush Strokes - Janelle Stalder

Wow, Janelle did it again! She has such a way with words all her stories flow so easily. This time she decided to explore into contemporary and the result was great. I have to admit that the simplicity of the plot was the best part of everything. Basically it goes like this: boy and girl next door have been secretly stalking each other from afar during years, and finally gather the courage to talk and exploit their undying love. Throw in a little help from their friends, and you got yourself a great story. Simple, but cute and endearing. Plus, Janelle really knows how to toss some unexpected turns and add some strokes of her own originality, blending it all in some masterpiece. Just a quick heads up, she will fool you big time! And I loved it! So be prepared for whatever.

But what is really great about the story is that it works. It is fun, unexpected and believable. This could happen to anyone you know, and the best part is that you will get so easily lost in the romance; you won’t know what hit you. It is intense and moderate at the same time, and it honestly captures the strength and rush you feel when love as passionate as that strikes you.

It was easy to fell for these characters, especially because their relationships ringed so true to me. The loyalty, and teasing and frowning at each other, was pretty much every good friendship relationship out there. I have even met the type of pushy friend like Ella, though I liked her better, because she was sassy, straight forward and very reliable. I’m actually so glad we’ll be getting her story next, because honestly, I can’t wait to get me some more of this. Nonetheless, I wished I had known from the beginning this was going to be a series.

I also adored Rannon. Colt and he make such a great and fun pair to be around. Again, his loyalty simply won me over (yeah, loyalty is pretty big with me); not only to his friend, but the love they shared for each other extended to the unspoken duty of taking care of each other’s family as well. I really loved to see how they got each other’s back.

Last but not least, Olive and Colt, hot! I’ve already talked a bit about their relationship, so if you want to know more, read the book, it’s worth it.

I’ve said this so many times before, but I really am a sucker for dual points of view; and yet again I was proven right. When it is well done, like in this book, it adds something extra, because you get the whole story. It’s always important to get both sides of a story before truly understanding how things really happened, and that absolutely applied to this book.

In sum, awesome story, great characters, hot and sweet romance, great writing and some funny surprises equals a great book!

*Note: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review, but my opinion was not biased in any way by this fact.

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/05/review-brush-strokes-by-janelle-stalder.html