TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

A Date of Godlike Proportions by Tellulah Darling

A Date of Godlike Proportions - Tellulah Darling

I don’t know if it is because I read the blurb such a long time ago, or maybe I haven’t read any reviews, but I didn’t know this book isn’t a novella; and I had lesser clue that it wasn’t about Sophie and Kai. That’s right! Sophie is out of it, just as we left her at the end of book 2. Nothing new there, so don’t get your expectations up in that front. This is actually a short story about Theo and Festos, meaning the date that was talked about in book two.

As unexpected as it was I really enjoyed it. It was fun, sweet and lighthearted; and it was a refreshing break from the tense situation we left book two.

It had action, romance, and the especial appearance of some of our beloved characters, but it was mostly about Theo overcoming his fear of not being loved for his human self. It was great to see both of them, Theo and Festos, from a perspective we hadn’t gotten the chance before, where their insecurities and true selves shine.

In sum, it is a great read. It’s a side story to the real plot, so it’s not actually a must read, but it is a fun, revitalizing stop to recharge our energies to face the final book. I would recommend it to everyone who is a fan of the series.

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/06/mini-review-date-of-godlike-proportions.html