TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

My Life From Hell by Tellulah Darling

My Life From Hell - Tellulah Darling

OMG this plot! I mean, I knew Sophie would have it hard, and that probably she’d encounter more than one setback, she always does. But I wasn’t expecting this! All the emotions, danger, action. It was one thing after the other, mixing in an intricate web of deception, agendas, and plain good kicking ass. I was very tense all the time for her, but also very entertained. So much happens; in a good way. There’s no one moment to get bored.

But the brilliance of it all is that it works so well! In the end everything that happens combines perfectly and we finally get to understand that prophecy. No loose ends here; and the story ended in a way I thought was just the perfect end. But I have to admit that sometimes I just thought the worst.

I love these characters! I want to hug them all and just be a part of the gang, even if I don’t get in the action like Hannah. I loved how they all got closer through this experience and in the end I felt so proud of them, for their selflessness and bravery. Especially Sophie, I always liked her mouthy attitude and her spark, but I’m really proud of what she achieved.

I also enjoyed the development in their individual relationships. Particularly I love Festos and Theo so much. They are great together! I’m so glad they got to be in each other’s life.

I was a bit disappointed in Hannah this time. I did feel like she wasn’t being supportive enough. I know that she got a little left behind of the all the action and intel, but still, it seemed like she had a hard time putting herself in Sophie’s shoes. I still like her though.

I liked Oizys as a new character. She was funny, and I definitely appreciated her loyalty. Kiki too! She was somewhat confusing, but meant well. A really intriguing character indeed. But the worst of the bunch were Felicia and Bethany. Ugh! I can’t stand that Bethany I really wanted to smack her stupid face. You would’ve thought she was going to give up? No! And Felicia? Let’s just say she finally showed her true colours and they’re not pretty.

I’m very sad that it had to end, but I’m happy that I got some closure too. This is by far my favourite book in the series. Excellent way to end a story of epic proportions.

*Note: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, but my opinion was not biased in any way by this fact.

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/06/review-my-life-from-hell-by-tellulah.html