TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

Paper Towns by John Green

Paper Towns - John Green

John Green is an author genius! I haven’t read a book of his I haven’t loved so far, but I have to admit I am starting to discover a certain pattern.

This book, as all the others, features a great group of friends were values like loyalty comes through.

So, this book is about Q, a regular teenager about to graduate from High School who has never done anything extraordinary. He has good grades, is going to a great university but hasn’t done anything a High Schooler would deem as awesome.

On the other hand we have Margo, who is practically a legend for all the unconventional things she has achieved.

Put these two together and some crazy things may happen.

Basically this story is the crazy journey Q goes through to find Margo. It involves mystery, some self discovery and the worst road trip ever! Seriously, who goes on a road trip but doesn’t stop anywhere? Ok, ok…they had a mission, but for what road trips are worth, this is definitely the worst.

This plot was enticing and got me hooked from page 1. I just needed some more. This is the kind of book that will leave you thinking about it long after you’re finished.

I did find a lot of resemblance to Looking for Alaska, but it’s not quite the same. It deals with different issues like self discovery and the perception we have of others, and the sense of adventure these characters have is different.

The characters, as always, are very rich. They have even more dimensions they can see. They are so tangible you can imagine them easily. They could be any kid out there, which makes the story more beautiful.

Margo is my favourite. Even though Looking For Alaska remains to be my favourite John Green book, I found Margo much more exciting and real than Alaska. She is not as cryptic as her, and she seemed to have lived more, in the sense of enjoying life at its fullest. I was also able to grasp her personality and relate to her much more easily.

I would definitely want her to be my friend, no doubt. Life could never be boring with her. She is smart, interesting and with substance. Plus, you definitely wouldn’t want to cross her. No, no, this girl is a spiteful one.

As always, this book is insightful and kind of addicting. I want some more! And I can’t wait for the movie.

John Green is becoming one of my favourite authors fast!

Dan John Miller did a great job with the narration. I loved how he did Radar so smooth and chill. I think he nailed the character. He also did an excellent job with the girl’s voices and never mixed any characters. My only complaint is that I felt his voice was too manly to play Q, I kind of needed him to sound a bit younger. But overall, this narrator is one of the best I’ve heard so far.

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/09/audioreview-paper-towns-by-john-green.html