TouchBookMadness

A Touch of Book Madness

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. A Touch of Book Madness is a nutty book blog where anything can happen, but mostly book reviews and bookish related discussions. We are all Mad about books here, and we know you must be too, otherwise you wouldn't have come here. So please, make yourself comfy and share a cup of tea with us.

The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentlemen Bastard, #1)
Scott Lynch, Michael Page
Progress: 253/1323 minutes

Mad Tea Party: Abilities Extraordinaire

Hello hello! Today I'm very happy because I'm finally announcing a new feature on the blog. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while now, but hadn't been able to figure out how to come about it. The muse of creativity finally knocked on my door and this new feature came to be.

What is it, you ask? Well, as the title suggests this is a Tea Party, not an ordinary one of course, but a Mad Tea  Party where we'll have some very uncommon guests.

I'll invite different characters to each party that fit a certain category, so we'll get the chance to see what comes out of it.

This week's party theme is: Abilities Extraordinaire.

What is it about extraordinary abilities that seem to attract so much of our interest? We love uniqueness and power, but the catch here is that you don't want to be too different, because it could be dangerous, misunderstood.

We've heard this story one too many times. Just a few examples of this fascination I'm referring too are the X-Men, the TV show Heroes and so on.

Nevertheless, this idea came to life when I was watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the movie, the other day. This motion picture, which I loved by the way, was based on a comic book written by Alan Moore, who basically designed a kick-ass team composed by great literary characters.

The main characters were (at least in the movie because I have to confess I have never read the comic books): Allan Quatermain, Captain Nemo, a Vampire woman, The Invisible Man, Dorian Gray, Tom Sawyer and Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

As you can see, a great ensemble of classic literary characters. So it got me wondering, who would I pick to be in my team of extraordinary gentleman. So I chose, my top 7 fictional characters and invited them today to my party.

Want to meet them?

In no particular order:

1) Nick Cooper from the Brilliance Saga by Marcus Sakey: This guy is totally amazing. He has the ability to read people so he can tell what they are going to do next. He can dodge their punches pretty accurately, plus he has secret government agent training. He is a must in my super awesome team;

2) Charlotte/Dina from the New World Series by Janelle Stalder: This girl can read minds. Yeah, that's right, totally cool. She also has military training and she is pretty kick-ass. Of course being able to dig into her enemies' thoughts is pretty helpful;

3) Theo from The Blooming Goddess Trilogy by Tellulah Darling: Ok, so he is the Greek god better known as Prometheus. So...yeah...do I need to say anything more? I will add though, that he has an incredible love for humanity and is extremely hot. He is in!;

4) Kara Magari from The Grimoire Saga by S.M. Boyce: This girl is the best! I love her, she is super kick-ass, plus is a natural leader. Since she found the Grimoire she's gain incredible magical powers, which were enhanced later on (not telling why because I don't want to spoil). Let's just say she is very powerful and will make an excellent addition to this already awesome team;

5) Legolas from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: He is an elf, wonderful creatures who possess great knowledge and wisdom. He also has amazing hearing and some extremely accurate aim. Let's just say that with a bow he kicks Katniss' ass;

6) Hermione Granger from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: How could a team be complete without this outstanding witch? She is the best there can be. Witty, Smart and so skilful. I definitely want her by my side when things get nasty; and

7) Robert Langdon from the Robert Langdon Series by Dan Brown: He has no extraordinary abilities, but this guy can honestly crack any case. He has some vast knowledge in symbology, and wide experience solving some dangerous mysteries.

Those are my 7 extraordinary friends. Would you dare confront us? Don't worry we are pretty friendly too. Come and join us for some tea.

Share Your Madness:
What do you think? Did you enjoy the party? Who would you invite to a party of extraordinary characters? Have you heard of any of these guests?

Source: http://touchofbookmadness.blogspot.com/2014/09/mad-tea-party-abilities-extraordinaire.html